TVadSync Analytics helps advertisers fine tune the adverts they serve to you by measuring ad performance.
TVadSync Analytics helps advertisers fine tune the adverts they serve to you by measuring ad performance. In order to do this we collect some information when an ad is served. We want to be clear with you how we’re using this information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
Your privacy matters to TVadSync so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out which ads you’ll find most useful, to what TV shows you might like best.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information we get from when you see a digital ad from one of our clients.
- We collect information when you view and interact with an ad we are tracking. This information includes:
- Device information
- We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, or operating system version.
- Event information
- When you view or interact with one of our client’s ads, we automatically collect and store certain information in our database. This includes:
- Internet protocol address
- Information that gives the ad context, such as the domain or app name, and the time it was seen at.
- Cookies and similar technologies
- We use a pixel tracking technology to collect and store information when you encounter a client’s ad, and this may include using cookies to identify your browser or device. Our TVadSync Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze exposures and interactions with their ads. When used in conjunction with our Smart TV data, this information is linked, by the TVadSync team, with information about TV viewing behaviour to determine ad relevance.
Information we collect from ad exposure is treated in the strictest confidence, and held in a secure database. No attempt is made to personally identify you from the data gathered, and all data is reported on in aggregate when passed to a client. For more information about how you can delete your browser cookies that are associated with TVadSync, see below.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our tracking pixel to help bring more relevance to your online experience by helping our clients determine the performance and relevance of the the ads that are served to you.
For instance, if you are not responding to an ad, or if it has been served to you too many times, our clients can stop targeting you with this ad. Similarly if you do respond positively to this ad our clients can attribute positive performance to it and learn what works best for their customers.
TVadSync only stores information on our servers located in the US.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
How to Delete and Manage Cookies
Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store info about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing sites remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain sites. However, some cookies may put your privacy at risk by tracking sites that you visit, or ads that you’ve seen.
- Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to Safety, and then select Delete browsing history.
- Select the Cookies and website data check box, and then select Delete.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click Manage Website Data
- Select one or more Websites
- Click Remove or Remove All
- Click the menu button, then Library, followed by History.
- Click Clear Recent History….
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click Clear Now to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.
How to Reset your Advertising ID
The advertising ID is a unique, user-resettable ID for advertising. It gives users better controls and provides developers with a simple, standard system to continue to monetize their apps. It enables users to reset their identifier or opt out of personalized ads (formerly known as interest-based ads).
To Reset your Advertising ID:
- To reset your Advertising Identifier on iOS
- Open “Settings”
- Tap “Privacy”
- Tap “Advertising”
- Tap “Reset Advertising Identifier”.
- To reset your Advertising Identifier on Android
- Open “Settings”
- Tap “Google”, or “Google Services”
- Tap “Ads”
- Tap “Reset Advertising ID”
Information we share
We do not collect, or share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of TVadSync. TVadSync is restricted by licence from collecting or storing any personally identifiable information.
We may share non-personally identifiable information privately with our clients. For example, we may share information that shows how many times their ads were seen, in what regions, and how many resulted in a conversion or desired action being taken.
This data is aggregated and anonymised, and in no circumstance could our clients identify you personally from our data or reporting.
We work hard to protect TVadSync and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:We encrypt our data collection endpoint using SSL.We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Data Controller and Owner
TVadSync, 79 Merrion Square South, Dublin 2, Ireland
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Email, Cookie and Usage Data.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
The User assumes responsibility for the Personal Data of third parties published or shared through this Application and declares to have the right to communicate or broadcast them, thus relieving the Data Controller of all responsibility.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Method of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Access to the Data may be available to Data Processors, if appointed, as well as employees involved with the processing. Access to Data may be also available to external parties providing services to the Data Controller such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller headquarters, unless stated otherwise in the rest of this document.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request the Data Controller for their suspension or removal via contact details onsite.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Application to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Managing email addresses and sending messages, Analytics and Interaction with external social networks and platforms.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- AnalyticsThe services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.Google Analytics (Google)Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Interaction with external social networks and platformsThese services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Application.
The interaction and information obtained by this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network.
- Managing email addresses and sending messagesThese services make it possible to manage a database of email contacts to communicate with the User via email.
Remarketing and RetargetingAs you browse TVadSync.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with TVadSync.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services.
Additional Information about User’s Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System Logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time at its contact information.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third party services employed in this Application ), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Application, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refer.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers to.
Data Controller (or Application Owner, or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The hardware or software tool by which the User Personal Data is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User’s device.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
2 Grand Central Tower
140 East 45th Street,
41st Floor Innovation Lab
New York, NY 10017
1240 Rosecrans Ave,
79 Merrion Square South
+1 601 978 2212